Wednesday 27 January 2010

Just to let you all know that I am busy re-vamping my web site with the aid of Andrew Hart from Simius Web which I am really excited about so that is why I have been rather quiet on the blogging front! - sorry folks!

Well it has been terrible weather with all that snow and ice - I had to do something useful with myself during that time!! All the horses were ticking over quietly on the walker with their hard feed cut down accordingly. Now that the weather has broken I am busy getting on with their programmes and starting back up with their schooling and fitness.

Briefly - Jenson is coming on nicely and for a big horse is gradually finding his balance and rhythm. He also enjoys hacking out with his mates and quite often gives them a lead which is very brave of him!

Sam is also getting back into the swing of things after his holiday and is much stronger for it. Kate has now got the bit between her teeth and is determined to keep him on the straight and narrow and we aim to get the pair of them out to a little competition next month.

Bridgit has also started back into the swing of things and has just been measured at 153cm so she is also eligible for the small intermediate show riding type as well as being a small hack which I am delighted about.

I have just taken on a Section B mare belonging to Ann Wight for schooling. She is the most beautiful mover with three really excellent paces. She is really starting to progress and hopefully with my new website up and running within the next couple of weeks I will be able to show you all some photos of her working in the school.

Holly and I went over to Holland before Christmas and have bought the most fabulous 2/3 year old gelding by Sir Donnerhall which we are very excited about. He will stay in Holland for the next 3 months until we have some room for him here. But.... what a stunning mover! very very exciting!!

Millie is arriving back tomorrow and will start being re-broken again. She had the most amazing temperament so hopefully fingers crossed she will be aimed at Novice hack classes mid season but obviously it depends on how she progresses - she may come very quickly and can do something sooner -

Hannah will be coming back mid Feb from Stephs and hopefully I will also have a new Novice riding horse to produce as well which I will let you all know about.

Plenty to keep us all going!

No comments:

Post a Comment